Going the distance

Life is like a long distance run. Most of the time you're looking forward, but occasionally you look back at what you've covered… You know there will be obstacles throughout the journey - but deep down, you know you can handle anything that comes your way. Most importantly... you keep putting one foot in front of the other and let 'NOTHING' stand in your way!!!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Back to the Real World

Through a conversation with my wife, is there a normal? It has been nice having time off from work but I must get my head strait, and move on.

My wife's biggest fear is am I clear to drive. I believe I'm good. Obviously we cant let the what ifs control our life. We would never get anything done.

I intend to listen to all who I have discussed my vertigo with. It's amazing how many people suffer with this. The two most common solutions are low salt diet, and a neck adjustment. I have not been to see my Chiropractor this week, hope he has some input on it.

There is also the pending question about my heart. I don't believe its an issue that is tied to my vertigo. I will try to push up my appointment for the stress test to rule out any issues. Mentally my mind will be focused on this until I get the clear from a cardiologist. Having one friend drop during a run is evidence enough for me to get checked out.

I will start back on the run Monday, I have not decided on a route distance or pace as of yet. More than likely it will be my training route with the Free runners at Toby Creek. I have no set goal until September so this is the reset button my body needed.

Obviously prayer will take a big part in my recovery. I am thankful for the many friends I have that are praying for me. I find it hard to ask for prayers for myself. However I know By his stripes we are healed. Being Rescued is why He died on the cross for us.

For now it's time to focus on rebuilding my head, knowing I can't focus on the what if. I need to pick a focal point, set a goal and go for it.

Two more days, then I can say Run Hojo Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment