Going the distance

Life is like a long distance run. Most of the time you're looking forward, but occasionally you look back at what you've covered… You know there will be obstacles throughout the journey - but deep down, you know you can handle anything that comes your way. Most importantly... you keep putting one foot in front of the other and let 'NOTHING' stand in your way!!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Taper

Call it over training, or just plain stupidity. 21 days out from my 24 hour race and I'm forced to take a down week. For 2 weeks ive been running with post nasal drip and a weezing cough. A minor calf strain. Finely all came together this week as the perfect storm. A week ago I tried to buy KT tape to help the calf strain. What a worthless waste of time that was. (more on that in my product review post) Now on day 2 of no running, pumping decongestants and allergy meds. I'm itching to run. For now I'm keeping on my feet as much as possible. Tomorrow I will get adjusted at my chiro. A full work up from the feet up. and hopefully back to run a 6-10 on Friday morning. I feel I have built the endurance, now just gotta keep the legs warm until the run. If all works out well i should hit 100 in under 24 hours. My goal is 22 hours. Now its time to plan gear and food for the run. Today I will decide on my charity and post a message for per mile donations. My goal will be $1000.00. My cause will be Fathers house in Ghanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment